The following outlines the responsibilities and requirements that Sellers must agree to in order to sell on anytownusa.com.
- AnytownUSA Code of Conduct
- Policies the Seller is Responsible for
- What Qualifies as "American-Made" on AnytownUSA?
- What Qualifies as "Hand-Made" on AnytownUSA.
- AnytownUSA Chat
- Seller Orders
- Order Cancellations
- Returns, Refunds, & Exchanges
- Customer Payments, Payment Processing, & Sales Tax
- Seller Payments & Participation Fees
- Charitable Organization Program
- Product & Seller Representations
- Disputes Between Sellers & Customers
- Items that are Prohibited on AnytownUSA
- Content Uploaded by Sellers
- AnytownUSA's Use of Seller Content
Other policies that make up the Terms include:
- AnytownUSA’s Terms
- Customer Policies
- American-made Policy
- Hand-Made Policy
It is our utmost desire to make AnytownUSA.com a welcoming and enjoyable place to buy and sell American-made goods. It is with that in mind that we require all activities and communications between Customers and Sellers to be respectful, timely, and friendly, and have a zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination of any kind or on any basis.
Users of AnytownUSA.com may not discriminate on the basis of, among other things: race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of their activities or interactions.
Additionally, Sellers are prohibited from:
- Negatively interfering with other Sellers’ businesses in any way
- Initiating or participating in efforts to coordinate pricing among other Sellers
- Altering or misrepresenting product pricing to affect AnytownUSA’s commission or transaction fees
- Undertaking efforts to avoid AnytownUSA.com earning commission on sales by initiating a transaction on AnytownUSA.com and completing it elsewhere
- Advising Customers to purchase their goods somewhere other than AnytownUSA.com
- Sharing or displaying the private information of any Customer, other Sellers, or any users of AnytownUSA
- Threatening the safety of, or harassing, any Customer, other Seller, or any users of AnytownUSA
- Engaging in any activity that is illegal or infringes on another’s intellectual property
At AnytownUSA, we value transparency as an important element of building trust with our Customers. Sellers on AnytownUSA are required to honestly and accurately represent themselves, their items, and their business. In order to sell on AnytownUSA, Sellers agree to:
- Disclose in the Seller’s About section the names and the roles of people who help make the items or run their business
- Use their own words and original photographs to represent and describe their items
- Stock photos are prohibited on AnytownUSA.com
- Respond to any inquiries from AnytownUSA in a timely manner - we reserve the right at any time to ask Sellers where or how their items are made, what workspace, tools, and equipment are used, what materials are used (and the origin of such materials), and how Sellers communicate and collaborate with the people who help them run their business
In this document, we will detail what our Sellers are responsible for and what is expected of them when they participate by selling and fulfilling goods on or through our Services. In addition to AnytownUSA’s Seller Policies, Sellers will need to establish their own policies including:
- Customer communication response times
- Order cancellation policy after the 1-hour remorse period
- Order processing times
- Shipping, including costs, method, and time in transit
- Returns, refunds, and exchanges
- Custom or personalized product policies
Look for the asterisk (*) throughout this document to understand what Sellers will need to include in their shop information and policies so that Customers will know what to expect when purchasing from them. The more information Sellers include in their information and shop policies, the fewer inquiries Customers will tend to submit. Additionally, providing comprehensive information to Customers regarding Seller processes and policies builds trust, and delivering an overall positive Customer experience will foster loyalty and repeat purchases.
Please read on for more details on the AnytownUSA and Seller policies.
All products sold on or through our Services must comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Made in USA Policy, and we require that all sellers certify to us that they are in compliance with this policy. For guidance on how to comply with the FTC regulations, go to https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard
AnytownUSA’s full American-Made policy can be read here. It is critical that Sellers fully understand their obligations and requirements for Made in USA labeling, and reading the full policy is strongly recommended as Sellers will be required to certify each item as American-made during the product upload process.
AnytownUSA defines “hand-made” as a product that has literally been made by hand or made by hand using hand tools or other simple, crafting tools (examples: knitting needles, hammers, pottery wheels) by a Seller on AnytownUSA.com or by one of the employees of the Seller’s company.
Sellers will certify an item as hand-made during the product upload process and certify that it is in compliance with AnytownUSA’s standards. For our full hand-made policy, please click here.
AnytownUSA provides Customers and Sellers a very easy way to communicate with one another via the AnytownUSA Chat, which is accessed via the Seller portal. This is a great way to build Customer relationships, enhance your business, and sell more stuff.
What you CAN do with the AnytownUSA Chat:
- Respond to all Customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Retain all messages so you have a record of your conversations
- Communicate with other Sellers
- Maintain a friendly and professional tone in all of your messaging communications
What you can NOT do with the AnytownUSA Chat:
- Send unsolicited messages to Customers, or harass or threaten other members of the AnytownUSA community in any way
- Violate our Code of Conduct
- Interfere with other Seller’s businesses
- Engage in activities that will circumvent AnytownUSA’s role in the Customer order process
* Sellers should include expected message turn-around times in their shop information and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
AnytownUSA classifies orders in two ways:
- Standard Item Orders – orders which contain items that are available, in-stock, and are ready to ship
- Customized or Personalized Item Orders – orders for items that are customized, personalized, or made-to-order and have longer overall processing and fulfillment times
Order processing and fulfillment times are very important to both your success on AnytownUSA.com and our success as a platform. Customers have become very sensitive to the time it takes from placing an order to them receiving it at their door. Inasmuch as we have set a policy outlining maximum order fulfillment times for Standard Item Orders to be seven (7) days, it is always best to fulfill items as quickly as possible and opt for short shipping times. In order to ensure that Sellers are in compliance with this policy, AnytownUSA will monitor Seller order processing and fulfillment activities.
Order Notification – Sellers will be notified via email and within the Seller’s account in the Seller Portal when a Customer has placed an order for one or more of their items after a 1-hour Remorse Period.
- During the 1-hour Remorse Period the order is in a hold status and the Customer may log into their account and cancel the order (also see here)
- Order notifications will include all of the information required for a Seller to process and fulfill an order including the order ID, item/s name, quantity, item details, any special instructions from the Customer, the Customer’s name, and the shipping address
Order Processing Time is defined as the time between the Order Notification being sent to the to the Seller, either via email or within the Seller’s account in the AnytownUSA Seller Portal, and the Seller providing package tracking information in the AnytownUSA system at which time the Seller will ship the order and the order is considered fulfilled
- Standard Item Orders must be processed and fulfilled within seven (7) days
- If the order is not processed and fulfilled within seven (7) days, Sellers run the risk of Customer disappointment and the Customer initiating a chargeback
- Customized or Personalized Item Orders may have longer order processing and fulfillment times and it is the responsibility of the Seller to communicate expected processing times clearly and prominently in their AnytownUSA Shop policies as well as on the item page
- If an order is Customized or Personalized, the Seller is required to update the status of the order to “Customization” within seven (7) days at which time the Customer will be notified via email that their order is in process
- Should further delays occur without communicating to the Customer, Sellers run the risk of Customer disappointment and the Customer initiating a chargeback
- For more information on chargebacks, please see Chargebacks under section 12. CUSTOMER PAYMENTS, PAYMENT PROCESSING, & SALES TAX
- Standard Item Orders must be processed and fulfilled within seven (7) days
Order Acknowledgement - Sellers must acknowledge that they are in receipt of the order as soon as possible
- If an order is not acknowledged within two (2) days, AnytownUSA will send an order reminder email to the Seller
- If an order still has not been acknowledged within six (6) days, a final reminder email will be sent to the Seller
Order Processing Status – the order processing status (order status) communicates to AnytownUSA and to the Customer which stage of the order processing timeline the order is in
- The Seller is solely responsible for assigning and updating the correct order status for every order they receive
- Order statuses include:
- Hold – during the 1-hour Remorse Period and before the order has been sent to the Seller
- Pending – the 1-hour Remorse Period has passed and the Seller has been notified of the order but has yet to acknowledge it
- Acknowledged – the order contains Standard items, has been received by the Seller, and is in process
- Customization – the order contains Customized or Personalized items, and the Seller has received and begun to process the order
- Shipped – the Seller has entered the order tracking information and the order has been shipped
- Delivered – receipt of delivery has been received and confirmed
- Cancelled – the order has been cancelled by either the Seller or AnytownUSA
Failure to Comply with Order Processing Policies
- Failure to fulfill a Standard Order within seven (7) days will result in the order possibly being cancelled by AnytownUSA as an un-fulfilled order, and a cancellation notification will be sent via email to both the Customer and the Seller
- Failure to update the status of a Customized or Personalized Item Order within seven (7) days will also result in the order possibly being cancelled by AnytownUSA as an un-fulfilled order
- Failure to fulfill orders within a timely manner may result in a Customer initiating a Chargeback (see Chargebacks under section 12. CUSTOMER PAYMENTS, PAYMENT PROCESSING, & SALES TAX)
It is important to note that if a Seller fails to fulfill Standard Item Orders or acknowledge Customized or Personalized Item Orders within seven (7) days three (3) times, resulting in three un-fulfilled order cancellations by AnytownUSA, we reserve the right to remove the Seller from the site and cancel their account.
* Sellers will need to include information in their shop policies regarding order processing times for either or both Standard Item Orders and Customized or Personalized Item Orders. This information is important in that it will set order fulfillment expectations with the Customer.
* Additionally, Sellers will need to establish policies for returns, refunds, and exchanges related to Customized or Personalized items.
If a Customer wishes to cancel an order, they may do so in the following ways:
- During the Remorse Period – we allow Customers a one (1) hour remorse period after placing their order to cancel it themselves via their AnytownUSA account or to email CustomerSupport@anytownusa.com
- During the Remorse Period, the order is on an internal “Hold” status and the Seller is not yet notified of the order
- If a Customer cancels an order within the Remorse Period, there is no action required by the Seller
- Post-Remorse Period - if the Customer wishes to cancel their order after the one (1) hour Remorse Period, the order notification will have been sent to the Seller and the Customer will be directed to contact the Seller directly via AnytownUSA Chat
- If the order has not been shipped yet, the Seller may simply cancel the order by:
- Logging into their Seller account
- Locating the order within the “Orders” panel
- Selecting “Cancel” to cancel the order
* Sellers will need to include information regarding the specifics of their post-remorse period order cancellation policy within the policies section of their seller profile, including what happens if an order has already been shipped.
At this time, AnytownUSA does not provide any shipping services to Sellers. Sellers are responsible for establishing and executing their order shipping policies including costs, methods, and expected fulfillment times. Additionally, Sellers will need to produce their own shipping labels.
Once the order is processed and ready to ship, the Seller will update the order status to “Shipped” and enter the package tracking information into the Seller Portal. This will trigger an automated email to the Customer alerting them the item/s have been shipped and provide them with the package tracking information. As noted previously, Sellers are responsible for ensuring the correct order status is assigned to facilitate accurate and timely Customer and internal communications with AnytownUSA.
* Sellers must detail information regarding shipping costs, methods, and expected delivery time frames in their shop policies so Customers know what to expect with regard to shipping costs and can estimate when their order will arrive.
While Sellers are responsible for setting their own policies, AnytownUSA strongly encourages Sellers to have liberal policies regarding returns, refunds, and exchanges for standard items. This will allow both Sellers and AnytownUSA to be competitive in online shopping, as well as build Customer confidence, trust, and positive sentiment. AnytownUSA’s role in these processes and policies is primarily as a facilitator to carry out the Seller’s policies.
It is common practice in retail to not allow returns, refunds, or exchanges on personalized, customized, and made-to-order items, and as such Sellers may have different return and refund policies for standard items versus customized items.
Returns & Refunds
In order to provide a refund to Customers, Sellers can initiate the process in the Seller portal. Sellers are responsible for initiating all refunds. As such, if a Customer reaches out to AnytownUSA to discuss a return or a refund, they will be directed to the Seller.
- All returns will be sent by the Customer directly back to the Seller
- Sellers will need to specify in their shop policies which party, Customer or Seller, is responsible for return shipping
- Sellers have up to six (6) months from the date the order was placed to initiate a refund to a Customer in the Seller portal
- After six (6) months, the ability to provide a refund for an order in the portal will expire and no longer be available
- Sellers have the option to provide full or partial refunds on an item basis by selecting the items in the order to be refunded to the Customer
- It is up to the Seller to determine whether or not to refund any shipping costs initially paid by the Customer for returned items
- Sellers will need to indicate the reason for the return and/or refund in the Seller portal
- The reason indicated for the return and/or refund will be included on both Seller and Customer communications
- In the case of a return, it is suggested that the Seller wait to have the returned item in their possession before initiating a refund
- Timing of refund (see also: Customer Payments & Payment Processing and Seller Payments and Participation Fees)
- It is recommended that a Seller initiate a Customer refund after the funds are available in their Payrix (formerly Splash Payments) account – this is generally within three days of the order being placed
- When a refund is initiated, the Seller’s account will be debited the amount of the refund they are responsible for
- If there are insufficient funds in the Seller’s account to cover the amount of the refund, the account will go into a negative balance - any subsequent payments into the Seller’s account will offset the negative balance and the Seller will be charged a $30 fee
- AnytownUSA will refund commission according to the amount refunded to the Customer
- If the entire amount is refunded, AnytownUSA will refund the entire commission
- If a partial amount is refunded, AnytownUSA will refund the commensurate commission amount
- If shipping costs are partially or entirely refunded, AnytownUSA will also refund the commensurate commission amount on the shipping fee
At this time, it is AnytownUSA’s policy to pay any transaction fees related to the refund. If a Seller has what is deemed in the judgement of AnytownUSA to be an excessive amount of refunds, AnytownUSA and Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") reserve the right to, and may, suspend both the Seller’s AnytownUSA and Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") accounts. Additionally, AnytownUSA reserves the right to transfer responsibility for transaction fees on returns to the Seller at any time.
To execute an exchange, the original item/s will need to be returned to the Seller, and the Customer will need to place a new order for the replacement item/s. If any shipping fees are to be refunded, Sellers should follow the above refund process.
* Sellers must include clear details for Customers regarding their return, refund, and exchange policies within the Shipping and Returns section of their Seller profile.
Customer Order Payment Settlements
Payments for orders are charged to the Customer credit card immediately after the one-hour Remorse Period and are settled in a batch process once per day.
Payment Processor and Seller Account
AnytownUSA uses Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments"), a third party payment processor, to process credit and debit card transactions that are placed through the AnytownUSA, site as well as bank transfers to and from Sellers.
AnytownUSA is the merchant of record for all transactions on anytownusa.com, and AnytownUSA plus the Seller name will appear as the merchant on Customer credit card authorizations, statements, and Seller payments.
Each Seller that is approved to sell on anytownusa.com will provide information enabling us to set up a Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") account on their behalf which will be used to facilitate payments to the Seller and refunds related to Seller activity.
In order to sell on anytownusa.com, Sellers must also comply with Payrix's (formerly "Splash Payments") terms. To read these terms, please visit https://portal.splashpayments.com/terms.
Forms of Payment Accepted on anytownusa.com
AnytownUSA accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Express
For all transactions conducted on anytownusa.com, AnytownUSA plus the Seller name will be the merchant of record on all credit/debit card transactions and statements.
The Seller agrees that:
- AnytownUSA will collect all payments on the Seller’s behalf
- AnytownUSA will pay the Seller based on our Payments to Sellers policy, and
- Any payments received from Customers via Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") satisfies the Customer’s obligation of payment.
If, based on these Terms, AnytownUSA does not settle payment with Seller, the Seller agrees to pursue AnytownUSA, not the Customer.
A chargeback may occur when a Customer reports an unwanted or unauthorized charge to their credit card account and the credit card provider returns the funds to the Customer’s credit card. The credit card company will then give AnytownUSA the opportunity to investigate and possibly dispute the chargeback by providing us with the transaction details and the reason for the chargeback.
AnytownUSA will investigate all chargebacks and requires the cooperation of the Seller in the investigation. A Seller has five (5) business days to respond to all inquiries by AnytownUSA related to chargebacks. If the Seller fails to respond and assist in the investigation, AnytownUSA reserves the right to issue a refund on the Seller’s behalf from the Seller’s account.
If after the investigation the dispute is found to be valid, a refund will be issued on the Seller’s behalf from the Seller’s account.
In all chargeback instances, the Seller may be liable for the $30 chargeback fee. Other fees may apply based on the dispute process.
While chargebacks cannot be completely avoided, some steps can be taken to limit and help protect Sellers:
- Respond to all Customer inquiries and communicate any delays in order fulfillment via AnytownUSA Chat in a timely manner
- Fulfill all obligations regarding the descriptions, product details, and images for all products uploaded to anytownusa.com
- Provide accurate order processing and shipping time frames
- Resolve Customer issues before they potentially turn into a chargeback situation
- Update the order status accurately and enter package tracking information
- Retain valid proof of shipment and if available, delivery confirmation
- Clearly publish all relevant shipping, return, refund, and exchange policies
AnytownUSA reserves the right to seek reimbursement from a Seller:
- If we discover erroneous or duplicate transactions from the same Seller
- If AnytownUSA deems a refund to a customer is appropriate
- If a Customer disputes a charge as laid out in the Chargebacks section
AnytownUSA may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by the Seller by deducting funds from their account or from future payments to the Seller, or by any other lawful means.
A Marketplace Facilitator is a business or organization that contracts with third parties to sell goods and services on its platform and facilitates retail sales. By this definition, AnytownUSA is a marketplace facilitator. Marketplace facilitator legislation, enacted on a state level, shifts the responsibility for the collection and remittance of sales tax from third part sellers to the marketplace facilitator. As of July 1, 2019, marketplace facilitator legislation has been enacted in 40 states, and it is expected that all states that collect sales taxes will adopt marketplace facilitator laws at some point.
Since our launch, AnytownUSA has and will continue to provide our Sellers complete services related to all sales tax calculation, collection, and remittance on behalf of Sellers whether required by marketplace facilitator tax collection laws, or by regular sales tax collection laws. Sellers do not need to remit sales tax to state and local governments for any sales of their goods on anytownusa.com.
In order to ensure the correct calculation of sales tax, Sellers are solely responsible for the accurate and proper categorization of all of their products during the product upload process on anytownusa.com. If AnytownUSA finds that a Seller is mis-categorizing their products for the purposes of avoiding the collection of sales tax, we reserve the right to suspend the Seller’s account either temporarily or permanently.
Seller Participation Fees
AnytownUSA has a very simple Seller participation fee structure free of hidden or surprise fees. In order to sell on or through our Services, Sellers must agree to the AnytownUSA fee structure.
The above fee structure is in effect until December 31, 2019. AnytownUSA reserves the right to update the Seller Participation Fees at our sole discretion. Any changes to the Seller Participation Fees will be communicated to Sellers with 30 days advanced notice via email.
The annual registration fee applies to a single Seller account and Shop/storefront. Sellers may manage and sell multiple brands under one account and Shop/storefront. Multiple accounts and Shops/storefronts, even if run by the same Seller, require separate registrations and registration fees.
Payments to Sellers
AnytownUSA will release Seller funds immediately upon settlement, however it may take two to three business days for funds to show in the Seller's account. Settlement generally occurs in a daily batch process within 24 hours of the order being placed. When settlement occurs, payment to the Seller will be released automatically via an ACH transfer into their Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") account. Seller payment will be the amount of the order (item total plus shipping cost) less commission, fees, and military discount (if applicable) as laid out in the Seller fee schedule. Please allow up to three business days for payments to appear in the Seller account.
Seller Activity Statement
At the end of each month, Sellers will receive a monthly account statement detailing their order activity, earnings, fees, and payments.
ACH Transfer Rejects
Should an ACH transfer to a Seller account be rejected, AnytownUSA reserves the right to charge the Seller the pass-through fee of $30.
Issuance of 1099-K Tax Form
AnytownUSA complies with all state and federal laws and requirements regarding the reporting of revenues.
During the registration process, Sellers are required to provide Tax ID information. Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") requires each seller’s social security number. Businesses must also submit their Federal EIN number.
AnytownUSA, via Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments"), will generate a 1099-K form for any Seller that processes one or more transactions per year through the Payrix (formerly "Splash Payments") platform. For more information about the 1099-K form we strongly suggest contacting a certified tax professional. You can read more about the 1099-K here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-1099-k.
AnytownUSA welcomes charitable organizations to the AnytownUSA Seller community.
In order to qualify for the AnytownUSA Charitable Organization Program, charities must be 501 (c)(3) organizations and donate 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of their goods on anytownusa.com. If requested, documentation to support either requirement must be provided to AnytownUSA immediately upon request.
Additionally, eligible charities must meet the FTC’s guidelines for Made in USA labeling as detailed in AnytownUSA’s American-Made policy for all items listed for sale on anytownusa.com.
Charitable Organization Seller Participation Fees
In support of qualified charitable organizations’ efforts, AnytownUSA offers a reduced commission rate fee of 1% less than the standard published Seller commission fee. All other fees as outlined in Section 13 apply.
Sellers on our Services are completely and solely responsible for all product and Seller representations including, but not limited to: product information such as product titles, product descriptions, product details, product images, inventory levels, pricing, and any other pertinent details; Seller shop details such as the shop name, description, images, company information, product manufacturing process, employees and staff, as well as shop policies.
If a Customer believes a product has been misrepresented and contacts AnytownUSA, we will direct the customer to the Seller to resolve the issue and will notify the Seller of the possible misrepresentation.
As AnytownUSA is made up of independent Sellers, and we do not own, warehouse, sell, or distribute any products to Customers, we will always encourage Customers and Sellers to work with one another to resolve any order or experience-related issues amicably. That said, we realize there may be instances when disputes escalate. If after exhausting all possible resolution options, a dispute with a Customer has gone beyond the Seller’s ability to rectify the matter, the Seller may submit the issue to AnytownUSA for review by emailing SellerSupport@anytownusa.com. We will investigate the issue, however we make no claims, warranties, or representations in our ability to resolve it. We require the Seller’s full cooperation as AnytownUSA investigates escalated disputes.
Anytownusa.com, like any Main Street neighborhood, wants to maintain and promote a safe, friendly, and inviting place to shop. To ensure this, we have a list of items that may not be listed for sale on the site.
Sellers are responsible for following all local, state, and federal laws regarding the items they sell on anytownusa.com.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Paraphernalia, Vaporizers and Electronic Cigarettes, JUUL, and all related accessories
- Examples of what you CAN'T sell on anytownusa.com: Liquor, beer, wine, cigarettes, cigars, vaping items, illegal drugs, pharmaceuticals, marijuana, pipes and water pipes intended for marijuana use
- Examples of what you CAN sell on anytownusa.com: Beverage glasses, such as wine and beer glasses, flasks, hookas
- Firearms and Weapons
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Real or play guns, real or play knives, and other real or play blatant weapons, look-alike or imitation firearms (see also: Marking of Toy, Look-Alike, and imitation Firearms)
- Examples of what you CAN sell on anytownusa.com: Culinary knives
- Pornography, Adult Material
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Items deemed pornographic or obscene in nature which would be considered a rating of MA or X-rated, such as printed or visual material containing the explicit description or display of sexual organs or activity, intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings, sex toys and sex accessories
- Examples of what you CAN sell on anytownusa.com: Works of fine art such as paintings and sculptures that do not explicitly show full nudity or genitalia, historical depictions of a non-pornographic nature
- Hazardous Material
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Items such as, but not limited to, gases, explosives, radioactive, poisons, batteries, refrigerants, pesticides
- Hate Items and Memorabilia
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Items such as, but not limited to, ethnically or racially offensive material or items that promote any hate group including Nazi, Neo-Nazis, KKK, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-Semitic groups, misogynistic groups
- Violent Items
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Any items that glorify violence or acts of violence, or may allow someone to perpetrate a violent act toward themselves or others
- Illegal items and items encouraging illegal activities
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Stolen goods, bomb making kits, all other items that are illegal to sell or ship across state lines
- Food and Perishables
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Food prepared or grown for human consumption
- Examples of what you CAN sell on anytownusa.com: Pet food and treats, including human grade
- Live animals, items made from animal pelts of domestic pets, taxidermy items, ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals, and items made from species deemed endangered or threatened (see also: Prohibition on importation of dog and cat fur products; endangered and threatened species, Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
- Examples of what you CAN’T sell on anytownusa.com: Mounted fish, elephant tusks, authentic ivory figurines
- Examples of what you CAN sell on anytownusa.com: Alpaca sweater, leather goods, coats or jackets with fake fur
Sellers are responsible for all descriptions, images, listings, information, data, or other materials ("content") that they upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") or otherwise transmit via the Services, and for all items that you sell on or through our Services. You may not post content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Seller also agrees that posted content does not infringe on any other party’s copyright or intellectual infringement. AnytownUSA reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AnytownUSA’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending items or content from the Services, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting any such violator to the law enforcement authorities.
Last updated September 26, 2019