Last Updated: April 20, 2018
In this Policy:
- When we say “AnytownUSA” or “Anytown”, we mean AnytownUSA.com, LLC. We also refer to AnytownUSA as “we”, “us” or “our” - this makes our Privacy Notice read better that way.
- When we say “you” or “your” we mean users of the AnytownUSA site
WHAT WE COLLECT
As an e-commerce site, we collect a range of information so that we can provide the best services to our customers. We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), payment information (for example, credit card, payment details, and your billing address) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) and monitor user activity on the Services, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. Types of information collected may include time and date of visit, browser type, clickstream data, and other details about your browsing behavior and purchasing history.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies from any web site, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you whenever you are sent a cookie. Note that certain features of our web site may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We may share it with:
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- Our service providers and the Sellers who fulfill your orders.
- Our service providers may provide hosting services, customer and technical support, marketing, billing, payment, or email services, security, anti-fraud or other operational support
- Google Analytics :
Our Site uses Google Analytics to track and record site and marketing activity data. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium, and keyword used to visit our website from Google or from other online marketing channels. Google Analytics does not store any visitor specific data and we will not use visitor specific data in any way related to Google Analytics.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
YOU AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When creating an account on AnytownUSA.com, it is important for you to choose a strong password, as this will help protect against unauthorized access. You should log out of our services when not in use, this will also further keep your information secure.
You can access, correct, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account on the Site and viewing and editing accordingly.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to processing of your information, to request deletion or obtain a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format.
The name associated with your account is publicly displayed and connected to your account. Other people may see your profile, items listed for sale, your shop pages, ratings and reviews
It is the decision of the user to allow or disallow their geographical location. In addition to your account information, AnytownUSA.com may be aware of your location based on individual IP addresses or from GPS. We may use this geographical information to send you custom offers based on your location.
If you chose to withdraw our consent to use your information in this Policy, your use of this Site and Services may be very limited, if not usable at all. We will retain the data we have for as long as necessary for our purposes laid out in this policy.
SECURE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
AnytownUSA.com has a secure checkout procedure in place that encrypts all personal information entered when placing an order, using socket layer technology (SSL). This information cannot be viewed or changed at any point after the order is placed. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We do our utmost to protect your personal information but are unable to guarantee its absolute security.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
191 Post Road West
Westport, Connecticut 06880