- AnytownUSA.com Code of Conduct
- How AnytownUSA.com Works
- What Qualifies as "American-Made" on AnytownUSA.com?
- What Qualifies as "Hand-Made" on AnytownUSA.com?
- American-Made Criteria for 3rd Party Affiliates
- Understanding AnytownUSA.com’s Role in Your Purchase
- Payments and Payment Processing
- AnytownUSA Chat
- Placing an Order on AnytownUSA.com
- Returns, Refunds, & Exchanges
- Product Issue Resolution
- Ratings & Reviews for Sellers & Products
- Your Account
- Contacting AnytownUSA.com
- AnytownUSA’s Terms
- Seller Policies
- American-Made Policy
- Hand-Made Policy
It is our utmost desire to make AnytownUSA.com a welcoming and enjoyable place to buy and sell American-made goods. It is with that in mind that we require all activities and communications between Customers and Sellers to be respectful and friendly, and have a zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination of any kind or on any basis.
Users of AnytownUSA.com may not discriminate on the basis of, among other things: race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of their activities or interactions.
Additionally, Users of AnytownUSA.com are prohibited from:
- Negatively interfering with Sellers’ businesses or other Customers’ transactions in any way
- Initiating or participating in efforts to coordinate pricing among Sellers or other Customers
- Undertaking efforts to avoid AnytownUSA.com earning commission on sales by initiating a transaction on AnytownUSA.com and completing it elsewhere
- Generally coordinating with Sellers to purchase their goods somewhere other than AnytownUSA.com
- Sharing or displaying the private information of any Customer, Seller, or any user of AnytownUSA
- Threatening the safety of, or harassing, any Customer, Seller, or any user of AnytownUSA
- Engaging in any activity that is illegal or infringes on another’s intellectual property
At AnytownUSA, we value transparency as an important element of building trust with our Customers. In this document we will explain how the AnytownUSA.com marketplace platform operates, our policies, Seller responsibilities, and what to expect when you shop on and use our Services. Our goal is to have you be an informed and satisfied Customer and return for future purchases.
You must be 18 years or older to use AnytownUSA.com without parental or legal guardian supervision. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 must have a parent or legal guardian create and manage their account, as well as provide supervision while browsing and shopping on or through our Services.
Minors under 13 are not allowed on AnyownUSA.com or to use any of our Services.
AnytownUSA.com is a marketplace platform where independent manufacturers and producers, referred to as “Sellers”, upload and sell their American-made goods to Customers. There are some areas on the AnytownUSA.com website where we feature links to 3rd party websites of well-known and highly trusted American brands that manufacture products right here in the U.S. These companies are referred to as “Affiliates” or “3rd party websites”.
Customers shopping on AnytownUSA.com can purchase products two ways:
- From Marketplace Sellers (Sellers) through the AnytownUSA.com marketplace platform, which is the most common way to purchase products.
- From 3rd party websites (Affiliates) by clicking on Affiliate links and purchasing through the featured brand’s website giving you a greater choice of American made products. All 3rd party websites, brands, and products featured on www.anytownusa.com are collectively considered Affiliates of AnytownUSA.
Purchases from Marketplace Sellers
- Sellers set up “shops” on AnytownUSA.com and list their products for sale. A “shop” is made up of web pages dedicated to the Seller’s profile (information and policies) and products.
- AnytownUSA earns commission on each sale made on or through our Services from a Seller. We collect payment from the Customer through our hosted checkout, and then make a payment to the seller for the item sale price plus shipping, less commission and fees.
- If you have a question about a Seller or an item, you should reach out to the Seller directly as they are responsible for all of the information and fulfillment of the items they list. Inside each “shop” you will find AnytownUSA Chat which enables you to communicate directly and privately to the Seller.
Purchases from Affiliate Links
- Clicking on an Affiliate link will take you from the AnytownUSA.com website and will bring you to the brand’s website (3rd party website) where you can view their product(s) and make a purchase.
- When you click on an Affiliate link, a cookie is saved on your computer which allows the Affiliate to recognize where you came from (www.AnytownUSA.com). Cookies are not harmful and are very small text files.
- When you shop on an Affiliate website, you will pay the same price for any item you purchase as if you had gone to the website directly.
- AnytownUSA.com earns a commission from the Affiliate when you click on an Affiliate link and complete a purchase on their 3rd party website within a certain period of time. This period of time could be anywhere from seven (7) to thirty (30) days.
- Once you click over to the Affiliate website, you are no longer shopping with AnytownUSA and the Affiliate’s terms and conditions are now applicable as they relate to your shopping and purchase experience.
- The Affiliate website is responsible for, and will provide, all order-related email communications including order confirmation and order shipment details.
- Any and all customer support needs arising from your shopping experience and purchase on the Affiliate website should be directed to that website’s customer support team.
If you have any issues related to your Affiliate shopping experience which you feel should be directed to our attention, please email our Customer Support team at CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com.
We take our commitment to American-made products very seriously.
All products sold on or through our Services must comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Made in USA Policy, and we require that all Sellers certify to us that they are in compliance with this policy. For more information on the FTC regulations, go to: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard
AnytownUSA’s full American-Made policy can be read here. We require that Sellers fully understand their obligations and requirements for Made in USA labeling, and strongly recommend they read the full policy in order to ensure compliance. During the product upload process, Sellers are required to declare each item as American-made.
Made In USA Icons on the Site
We wish to make our Customers aware of the general amount of U.S. processing and materials involved in making products available through AnytownUSA.com. To communicate this, you will notice a Made in USA icon on each product detail page. There are three different Made in USA icons, each representing a different level of “American-madeness”:
The item is made (i) in the U.S. (ii) of “All or virtually all” U.S. material
The item is made (i) in the U.S. (ii) of U.S. and imported material
The item is made (i) in the U.S. (ii) of imported material
In addition to identifying the level of US-sourced components, Sellers must certify that at least 50% of the cost of goods for each product (production material, direct labor, and production overhead) is of U.S. origin in order to upload any products on the site.
AnytownUSA defines “hand-made” as a product that has literally been made by hand, or made by hand using hand tools or other simple crafting tools (examples: knitting needles, hammers, pottery wheels) by a Seller on AnytownUSA.com or by one of the employees of the Seller’s company.
Sellers will declare an item as Hand-made during the product upload process and declare that it is in compliance with AnytownUSA’s standards. For our full Hand-made policy, please click here.
Hand-Made Icon on the Site
Hand-made items can easily be identified by this icon on the product page:
AnytownUSA partners with and features on our website leading brands, i.e. Affiliates that produce some or all of their products in the U.S. and promote them as such on their own websites.
AnytownUSA does our best to promote and link only to Affiliate products that are labeled as American-made on their sites, and that are in-stock and available for purchase. 3rd party Affiliates may update their sites from time to time, causing links to no longer work or lead to a different page than originally intended. Additionally, items on Affiliate sites may no longer be available. We will work to rectify these incorrect links as soon as possible, however these changes are largely out of our control and will be unavoidable at times. If you have clicked on a link you believe to no longer be working, please let us know at CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com.
All 3rd party websites are responsible for the criteria they adhere to when specifying all or certain of their products as Made in America. It is recommended that you check their individual policies when shopping for American-made goods.
As a Marketplace, AnytownUSA has certain limitations in your purchase process. Our purpose is to provide a safe, friendly, and easy platform to bring creators of American-made goods (Sellers) and Customers who want to purchase American-made goods together. AnytownUSA does not own any brands, nor do we own, produce, or warehouse any products featured on our through our Services. Each Seller is responsible for all product representations, product information (such as: product descriptions and product details), and policies related to order processing times, shipping methods and costs, returns, refunds, exchanges, and other policies.
AnytownUSA uses Splash Payments as our secure 3rd party payment processor (www.splashpayments.com). Splash Payments is PCI Level 1 compliant, which is the highest level of validation and compliance with security standards (see also https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/faq/).
Merchant of Record
Purchases made on or through our Services will show up on your credit card statement as AnytownUSA.com no matter which Seller/s you purchase product from.
Charges for Multiple Sellers in a Single Order
If you purchase from more than one Seller in an order, you will see a separate charge (transaction) for each Seller on your credit card statement. Even though you will see multiple line items on your statement for the same order, you will not be charged any more than the order total on the order confirmation page on the website and in the order confirmation email.
Credit Card Settlements
Initially, AnytownUSA.com will show as a “pending” charge on your credit card. This means that your card has been authorized, and the funds to settle the cost of the order are available and being held for final settlement. The payment settlement, or the actual funds being charged to your credit card, will depend on the items in the order. For standard, in-stock items, your card will be charged when the Seller has indicated that the order has shipped. For orders containing personalized or customized items, your card will be charged as soon as the Seller acknowledges the order and begins working on it.
AnytownUSA provides Customers and Sellers a very easy way to communicate with one another via the AnytownUSA Chat, which is found on the Seller’s Shop page and on each product page. When you receive a message from a Seller, you will be notified via email and will be provided a link to the site to respond.
All communications between Customers and Sellers should occur via the AnytownUSA Chat. This is for both your and the Seller’s protection. A record of all conversations will be archived and will be referred to in the event of a dispute. If communications occur outside of the AnytownUSA Chat, AnytownUSA will have little ability to aid in dispute resolution.
Use of the AnytownUSA Chat is subject to our Code of Conduct.
When you place an order on or through our Services, you will receive an order confirmation email letting you know that we have received your order.
For one hour after you’ve placed your order (the “remorse period”), you will be able to cancel it yourself by logging into your account, locating the order in your Order history, and clicking CANCEL. After the one hour has passed, you will no longer be able to cancel the order in your order history as it will have been sent to the Seller/s for processing and fulfillment. Any cancellation requests after the one-hour remorse period must be directed to the Seller/s.
Post-remorse Period Order Cancellations
All Sellers are responsible for establishing their own post-remorse period order cancellation policies. Some of the factors that will determine a Seller’s ability to cancel an order at the Customer’s request may include, but not be limited to:
- What the status of the order is - for instance if it has or has not yet been shipped
- If the order contains customized or personalized items and the process to customize or personalize is already underway, Sellers may opt not to allow cancellations
All post-remorse period order cancellation requests must be directed to the Seller via the AnytownUSA Chat.
It is important for Customers to read the Seller’s Order Cancellation policy on the product page and on their Shop page prior to placing an order.
Order Processing Time
Order processing time will vary from Seller to Seller, and even be dependent on whether the item ordered is available and in stock, or is customized or personalized. AnytownUSA requires that Sellers process and ship all orders within seven (7) days of the order being placed, with exceptions for customized or personalized items which have longer processing times. If the Seller does not fulfill an order within seven (7) days, and has not marked the order as “customized or personalized”, the order will automatically be cancelled by AnytownUSA. Customers will be notified via email of any unfulfilled order cancellations.
Once an order has shipped, Customers will be sent a shipping confirmation email with package tracking information so the order may be tracked via the shipper.
Sellers are responsible for establishing and clearly communicating the expected order processing time on the product pages and within their Shop. Please review information on the Seller’s order processing time so you know what to expect.
As a marketplace of independent Sellers, each Seller sets their own return, refund, and exchange policies on AnytownUSA.com. Before making a purchase, it is advised that you read the Seller’s policies carefully on the product pages and on the Seller’s Shop page. If you have any questions, you may contact the Seller for clarification using the AnytownUSA Chat on the site.
All returns, refunds, and exchanges must be coordinated through the Seller, and all returns need to be shipped directly back to the Seller at the address they have provided, and not to AnytownUSA.
Return shipping fee policies are also the responsibility of the Seller, so it’s important to establish which party, the Seller or the Customer, is responsible for paying the return shipping fee.
If you are having issues with a product you purchased on AnytownUSA.com, and have tried to work with the Seller on a resolution but are still not satisfied, please email us at CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com. We will do our best to try and help you, however our ability to do so is limited.
If you are unhappy with an item you have purchased, or have an issue, please contact the Seller directly to discuss a resolution. If after communicating with the Seller you are still not satisfied with the resolution proposed, as a last resort you may contact our Customer Support team at CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com. We will review your issue, however we cannot make any guarantees with respect to a possible resolution.
If you believe that you have purchased an item that does not meet the standards of our American-Made policy, you may open an investigation by reporting it to CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com. Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- The Seller’s name
- The item name
- Item description
- Item price
- Whether or not you have purchased and received the item
- If you have purchased it, please include your Order Number
- A brief summary of why you believe the item does not meet the standards of our American-Made policy
One of the ways we can ensure the best shopping experience for both our Customers and Sellers is through a ratings and reviews system. AnytownUSA.com and our Sellers welcome both positive and constructive negative feedback. Feedback can be left for both the Seller and the item purchased. Constructive negative feedback will help all of us understand what we can to do better, and will also help other Customers make better purchase decisions. Please note one person’s negative view about an aspect of a product is not necessarily another’s. Only constructive negative feedback will be published to the site that is feedback which is useful and will be helpful to others in making the best purchase decision.
All ratings and reviews submitted will be reviewed by AnytownUSA, and AnytownUSA reserves the right in our sole discretion to determine which ratings and reviews to publish or not publish to the website.
Seller and product ratings and reviews can only be left when a Customer has created an account and is logged in. The feedback option will be available only for items that have been purchased on or through our Services by the Customer. Once a rating and review is left, it will be reviewed by AnytownUSA and published to the Seller’s profile, and the Customer’s name who left the review will be publicly visible in the Seller’s profile.
Reviews, like all content and interaction on AnytownUSA.com, are subject to our Code of Conduct.
We encourage Customers to create an account in order to have the best shopping experience possible. It’s also required to leave ratings and reviews. Additionally, creating an account on AnytownUSA.com will enable faster check out. Customers can delete their accounts at any time by going to My Account and clicking on “Deactivate Account”.
Account information can be changed, updated, or deleted at any time by going to the My Profile page in My Account while signed in.
Unsubscribing from Emails
You can unsubscribe at any time from our email marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may request to be unsubscribed from our marketing emails by emailing us at CustomerSupport@AnytownUSA.com. It may take up to three days to stop receiving marketing emails from AnytownUSA.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing emails, you will continue to receive order and account related emails from us.
If you have further questions, concerns, or feedback regarding our Customer Policies, please contact us at:
191 Post Road West
Westport, CT 06880